This is an introductory course to basic underwater photography which develops the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to make successful photos underwater.
To qualify for the Underwater Photographer course, you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver
- Be 10 years of age or older
If you had an Underwater Photography Dive during the AOWD program it may be counted toward this specialty.
The Underwater Photographer course includes:
- Two open water training dives, which may be conducted in one day.
- Underwater Photo Dive One “General Open Water Tips and Considerations”
- Underwater Photo Dive One “Underwater Photography Planner”
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of underwater-photography diving
- photographic principles, composition, film types, flash/available light photography and camera-handling techniques
- the preparation, care and maintenance of photographic equipment
After the training dives, you are required to log your dives in your personal log book.